When we think of someone who has power, we imagine them to be dominant and controlling, but this is not true power. Our power lies deep within our souls. It is reflected in each action, movement and decision. It radiates love, compassion and understanding. It illuminates our surrounding and our world. Being powerful means overcoming our fears and self-doubts, exploring new challenges and fulfilling our duties and responsibilities.
Each of us is blessed with innumerable talents, faculties and potentials, the true challenge is to dig down into our souls to explore these faculties and make the most out of them. You cannot be happy unless you improve your sense of self-worth. That is always the first step to move further forward. By doing that, you unlock your potential and free your creative powers. Studies show that a strong belief in our own abilities significantly increases our satisfaction both at home and at work.
Do not discouraged by other people or try to copy them. Do not fear being different! Another of the Messenger’s wise sayings
1. Believe in your self-worth and self-potential. Think about what your strong points are, write them down and keep the list where you can see to remind yourself. Work on improving and adding them. At the same time, keep your faith in your Creator. Always remind yourself that Allah is with you, that you certainly are on the right path and nothing can defeat you. Believe deep in your soul that your connection with Allah is the true source of your powers.
“… And whosoever puts his trust in Allah, then He will suffice him. Verily, Allah will accomplish His purpose. Indeed Allah has set a measure for all things.” (At-Thalaq: 3)
2. Asses your limitations and work with them. Figure out how you perceive yourself, recognize your own personal limits and acknowledge your human limitations. We are all human and we all have our flaws. Do not be ashamed of yours. Instead, recognize them so that you can figure out how to deal with them.
3. Visualize your personal success. Imagine performing your tasks well. The better you imagine yourself, the bigger the boost you are giving to your confidence.
4. Work to achieve your visualized goal, and remember that your aptitude and performance are directly related to your levels of confidence. When things go wrong, do not get discouraged, perceive it as a challenge and keep trying. Focus on success and always maintain your positive image.
Hope it helps. Thank you and good luck!
1. Healing Body and Soul, Amira Ayad.
2. Quran Saintifik, Dr. Danial Zainal Abidin